Merit Badge Mania
Sunnyvale Baptist Church
3018 N Belt Line Rd, Sunnyvale 75182 (Map)
|7:30 - 7:50||Check-in/Setup|
|7:50 - 8||Orientation|
|8 - 11:15||Morning Session|
|11:15 - 12:15||Pizza Lunch|
|12:15 - 3:30||Afternoon Session|
|3:30 - 4||Clean-up|
Scouts have an opportunity to earn two merit badges in one day! Some merit badge requirements can't be done in a day but, if the Scout will complete the prequisites beforehand, he can complete the badge at Merit Badge Mania. Prerequisites are listed below.
- A registrar will be available at every roundtable until the event.
- Cost is $10/scout. If slots are still available on the day of the event, walk-ins are welcome; the price will be $15.
- While we strongly encourage registering your unit at Roundtable, if your unit cannot make it to Roundtable, please contact Emily Parks-Young for alternative registration options ().
- If your unit is not going, you may register separately.
- Out of district scouts are welcome.
- Slots are first come/first served, and will only be locked in after payment has been received.
- Unit volunteers and parents not helping with the event but wishing to have lunch (probably pizza) still need to register in advance. The cost for lunch only is $5/person.
- To register, we need:
- Unit Number (e.g. 1020, 57, etc.)
- Names of Scouts (or number of places to hold)
- Desired Schedule
- Emergency Contact Information *
- Registration/Payment Contact
- Lunch will likely be pizza. With this in mind, please consider any applicable dietary restrictions.
* Emergency information that changes should be updated. If unit leaders will be responsible for a group of scouts (instead of individual parents) and have the appropriate medical and contact information, then we only need the information for the individuals responsible for the group of scouts.
* Eagle Required
+ STEM/NOVA Awards
|Class Limit||Merit badge requirements scheduled to be completed||To complete the badge during MBM, these prerequisites that must be finished prior to MBM||Special Notes|
|(Pending)||American Business||25||1, 2b-e, 3, 4, 6||2a, 5||Worksheet|
|(Pending)||Automotive Maintenance+||20||All||Read MB Book; fill out worksheet||One session. afternoon only||Worksheet|
|(Pending)||Cit. in the Community *||25||1-2, 4-6, 8||3, 7, prepare 8||Worksheet|
|(Pending)||Cit. in the Nation *||25||1, 2d, 4-8||(2a, 2b OR 2c), 3||One session, morning only||Worksheet|
|(Pending)||Cit. in the World *||25||1-6||7||One session, afternoon only||Worksheet|
|(Pending)||Electricity+||5||1, 3-7, 10, 11||2, 8, 9||Worksheet|
|(Pending)||Engineering+||25||All||One session, morning only||Worksheet|
|(Pending)||First Aid *||25||2-10||1||Worksheet|
|(Pending)||Genealogy||25||1-2, 4a, 4c, 6-9||3, 4b, 5||Worksheet|
|(Pending)||Geology+||25||All||Bring rock or fossil collection, if you have one||Worksheet|
|(Pending)||Inventing+||25||1-5, (6, 7?), 9||(6, 7?) 8||Worksheet|
|(Pending)||Personal Management *+||25||3-7, 9-10||1-2, 8||Worksheet|
|(Pending)||Programming||25||1b-6||1a||Must have up-to-date Cyber Chip to complete badge||Worksheet|
|(Pending)||Robotics+/Model Design+||25||All||All day||Worksheet
- A Scout may have to take alternate classes if courses are full, if there is a late cancellation by the counselor, etc.
- The merit badge requirements scheduled to be completed are a "best estimate."
- Scouts should bring a blue card for counselors to sign. Any records kept by course leaders and sent to units are only a supplement to this.